Nita Sell, LMFT, Marriage & Family Therapist
Hello, I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with more than 22 years of experience providing counseling to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. I have extensive experience working in a variety of clinical settings including inpatient psychiatric hospital, residential treatment center, community mental health clinics, an intensive outpatient school for adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues, and private practice.
My approach is tailored to meet the unique needs of my clients and is collaborative, strength-based and solution-focused. I draw from a wide range of modalities including cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness and compassion practices, psychodynamic/insight-oriented, family systems and experiential interventions such as music, writing, storytelling and art to tap into the innate creativity and wisdom that live inside each one of us.
I have experience with treating depression, anxiety, grief and loss, gender and sexual orientation issues, stress-management, eating disorders, attachment disorders, trauma, relationships, life transitions, vocational/career issues, dealing with serious illness and end-of-life issues.
- 1995: BA in Psychology from California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 1998: MS in Marriage and Family Therapy, California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 2003 - Present: Licensed California Marriage and Family Therapist
- 2004-2007: Licensed Oregon Marriage and Family Therapist
- 2018: Oregon Marriage and Family Therapist License