Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Juanita "Nita" Sell is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) who has been providing counseling to individuals, couples and families for more than 25 years. Nita's approach is tailored to meet the individual needs of the client and is supportive, strength-based and solution focused. Nita uses evidence based modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Family Therapy, Mindfulness, and experiential interventions such as music, writing, storytelling and art to tap into the innate creativity and wisdom that live inside each one of us. Nita has experience in treating depression, anxiety, bereavement, trauma, relationships, LGBTQ+ and family issues.
- 1995: BA in Psychology from California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 1998: MS in Marriage and Family Therapy, California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 2003 - Present: Licensed California Marriage and Family Therapist
- 2004-2007: Licensed Oregon Marriage and Family Therapist
- 2018: Oregon Marriage and Family Therapist License