Licensed Professional Counselor Associate
My theoretical orientation is in existential psychology. Existential psychology is grounded in the belief that all humans are unique due to the choices they make, and all humans are constantly remaking themselves through their choices. Using skills and interventions, which support my theoretical orientation, I collaborate with clients to find meaning and purpose in their lives. In doing so, I'll work with you to move beyond just surviving to thriving.
I have more than six years of experience in the mental health field. I have worked in the addiction field, residential treatment, individual and couples counseling, and with first responders. I have also provided skills training to vocational rehabilitation clients diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities. My background includes fifteen years working in the public sector, which included wildland fire dispatch and training. I have been a partner in two construction businesses.
- Oregon R. 4844, Supervisor Emily Pyle
- Mental Health Counselor Associate - Washington
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counselor – (CRC)
- Certified first responder (CFRA)
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Oregon
- Addictions Studies Certificate – Portland Community College
- Master of Science: Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling – Portland State University
- Doctor of Education: Sport & Performance Psychology – University of Western States